Rustenberg Wines in Stellenbosch has the following opportunity available:
Position: Learnership – Cellar Door Ambassador – Full Time
Start Date: 1 February 2016
Term: 1 year learnership position with possibility of renewal (no guarantee)
Remuneration: R8 600 p.m., as well as a study allowance to a maximum of R15 000 p.a.
- Matric and a post-matric Diploma
- Preferably in subject matter relating to the wine industry, marketing, hospitality, or tourism
- At least 2 years’ experience in a cellar door position
- An interest and passion for wine
- Fluent in English and Afrikaans
- Additional languages are an advantage
- Must be well-presented and able to represent the image of the company
- Willingness to study further
- Willingness to travel and represent the company in South Africa
- Attention to detail and procedures
- Must have own transport
The Learnership position is intended to provide the candidate with working experience in the cellar door, while simultaneously engaging in further studies in the wine industry and related industries. The successful candidate will be required to work in the cellar door, performing stock-take, assisting customers, providing a high quality tasting experience, and effecting sales. The candidate will be provided with material relating to the estate and the wines, and will need to become highly familiar with the material and to relay it to customers. The candidate may also be required to do some travel within South Africa from time to time for wine shows and events (expenses will be paid by the employer for these trips).
Please forward CVs with motivation letters care of Tamlyn Barlow: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 5pm, Friday 15 January, 2016.