Position: Cellar Door Ambassador
Start Date: As soon as possible
Remuneration: R68 per hour flat rate (No overtime rate on weekends/public holidays; no commission)
Are you passionate about wine, history, and creating memorable experiences for wine enthusiasts? We
have an exciting opportunity for a Cellar Door Ambassador at our prestigious, historic winery,
Rustenberg Wines, in Stellenbosch. Join our team and become part of a legacy that spans generations.
As a Cellar Door Ambassador, you will be the face of our winery, providing exceptional customer service
and showcasing our rich heritage to visitors. You will engage with guests, offering wine tastings, guiding
tours, and sharing the stories behind our renowned wines. Your warm and knowledgeable approach
will create an unforgettable experience, fostering a love and appreciation for our winery and its products.
There will also be various back of house responsibilities including, performing stock-take, assisting
customers, providing a high quality tasting experience, and effecting sales. The candidate will be
provided with material relating to the estate and the wines, and will need to become highly familiar with
the material and to relay it to customers.
The position is sought to be filled as soon as possible.
• Matric and post school qualification
o Preferably in subject matter relating to the wine industry, marketing, hospitality, or tourism.
• At least 1 years’ experience in a cellar door position or other experience in the wine industry.
• Driver’s License and own transport (NOT NEGOTIABLE).
• A genuine passion for wine and the ability to convey enthusiasm to others.
o Fluent in English and Afrikaans
o Additional languages are an advantage
• Must be well-presented and able to represent the image of the company.
• Attention to detail and procedures.
• Flexibility to work weekends and public holidays.
• Must be of legal drinking age.
Join our team and be part of an extraordinary wine journey, where you will have the opportunity to
enrich the lives of wine lovers and contribute to the legacy of our historic winery.
To apply, please submit your CV and supporting documents to Tammy Barlow
at by 31 July 2023.