RUSTENBERG MANOR HOUSE OPEN GARDEN
- Dates: 29 October, 30 October, 31 October 2021
- Time: Open from 9:00am until 4:30pm on all open days
- Entrance: No booking necessary. Entrance payable at the gate @ R50 per person. Children under 10 are free.
- Info: Wheelchair access to several areas
- Regret no dogs allowed
- Plant sales
- Refreshments available for purchase
- No private picnics permitted
- The gardens each take approximately 1.5 to 2 hours to view
- Note: there is open water so children must be accompanied at all times
- Four words: Historic, Expansive, Varying, Magnificent
- For Directions click HERE
- For Queries Contact: Rozanne Barlow
Cell: 082 442 1721
Note: The Schoongezicht garden near our wine tasting centre is open all year round, seven days a week and open from 9am until 4:30pm. This garden is also naturally open on our official Open Days as it looks at its best then.
DESCRIPTION OF RUSTENBERG MANOR HOUSE GARDEN
This is a large farm garden set in the surrounds of Cape Dutch buildings. It has a spectacular mountain back drop and wonderful views of the surrounding landscape.
It is a garden with many mature trees and is essentially ‘English’ in style with a strong focus on heritage roses and perennials. The space is divided into a series of ‘rooms’, each with a distinctive planting scheme and character. The Sunken Garden and the Almond Walk are highlights.
DESCRIPTION OF SCHOONGEZICHT GARDEN
This garden is situated adjacent to the Schoongezicht manor house near the wine tasting centre on the estate.
Special features are the 200 year old pergola running the length of the garden and a Chartre style labyrinth set amongst the flower borders. The borders are filled with roses, foxgloves and many interesting perennials. It also features a wonderful pond and is divided using hedges and paths. The Simonsberg Mountain and the fields beyond provide the borrowed landscape.