It is almost time for our annual Rustenberg Open Garden! In a time of uncertainty and unrest, what better way to spend a day, than strolling through gardens brimming with old world charm and natural beauty.
The Rustenberg Private Garden is only open once a year to visitors, and it is an event not to be missed! Set on an expanse of 3 hectares, the garden boasts a stunning natural pond, numerous water features and fountains, the prominent Almond Walk, fruit trees galore, our famous Rose table, and the now well-established vegetable garden.
The Schoongezicht garden near our wine tasting centre is open all year round, seven days a week and open from 9 am until 4.30pm. This garden is also naturally open on our official Open Garden Weekend, and we recommend visiting both gardens while they are at their best.
Refreshments will once again be available for purchase under the oaks and for the avid gardeners, or those looking to begin, many of the plants you will see in the garden are available for purchase from our Longbarn Nursery.
- General Info:
- Tickets available at the gate – R50 per person, children under 10 enter free
- Wheelchair access to several areas
- No dogs allowed
- Plant sales
- Refreshments available for purchase
- No picnics permitted
- The gardens each take approximately 1.5 to 2 hours to view
- Note: there is open water and plants that may be poisonous if ingested, so children must be accompanied at all times
Note: The dates for the Open Garden are subject to change, should Government Regulations be enacted prohibiting the event from taking place.