Upcoming Learnership position in our cellar door.
Position: Learnership – Cellar Door Ambassador – Full Time
Start Date: 1 September 2017
Work Times: Monday to Wednesday and Thursday to Sunday during tasting centre hours, on a rotating schedule
Term: 1 year learnership position with possibility of renewal (no guarantee)
Remuneration: R9, 000 pm, as well as a study allowance of up to R15 000 per annum
- Matric and a post-matric Diploma
- Preferably in subject matter relating to the wine industry, marketing, hospitality, or tourism
- At least 2 years’ experience in a cellar door position
- An interest and passion for wine
- Fluent in English and Afrikaans
- Additional languages are an advantage
- Must be well-presented and be able to represent the image of the company
- Willingness to study further
- Attention to detail and procedures
The Learnership position is intended to provide the candidate with working experience in the cellar door, while simultaneously engaging in further studies in the wine industry and related industries. The successful candidate will be required to work in the cellar door, performing stock-take, assisting customers, providing a high quality tasting experience, and effecting sales. The candidate will be provided with material relating to the estate and the wines, and will need to become highly familiar with the material and to relay it to customers.